Dorich House Museum & Stanley Picker Gallery
What is this privacy notice about?
Dorich House Museum and Stanley Picker Gallery are part of Kingston University. Your personal data will be processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This privacy notice sets out how we process your personal data. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice and/or policy we or Kingston University may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices/policies and is not intended to override them. For further information about how Kingston University processes personal data please refer to the Information Regulations section of the Kingston University website.
Kingston University submits a notification of its data processing activity to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), specifying in general terms the classes, subjects, sources and recipients of data processed in the course of normal institutional functioning (registration number Z7456228). The entry can be found in the online ICO register.
How do we collect your information?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- from you when you complete a form or otherwise provide contact details at an event or open day (for example, a business card);
- when you sign up to receive our newsletter or other communications;
- when you complete and submit a web enquiry form;
- when you apply for a job or funding (for example, a fellowship);
- automatically from our website (see below);
From our website:
When you use our websites, information about the IP address and browser that your computer is using will be made known to us. We may use such information to monitor how our websites are used, which pages are visited and how often visits are made.
Below are some examples of data collected automatically through Google Analytics from all users:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address
- computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream data, including date and time, and content viewed or searched for on the site
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
What types of information do we collect about you?
We collect contact details, which may include:
- your name
- job title
- company title
- postal address
- email address
- telephone number
How will we use your information?
We use your personal information to contact you about events and other activities related to Dorich House Museum and Stanley Picker Gallery that may be of interest to you.
We may also process personal information when assessing your application for a job or fellowship.
What legal basis do we have for processing your information?
We rely upon legitimate interests to process your personal information in relation to marketing events and other activities relating to Dorich House Museum and Stanley Picker Gallery.
To process an application for a job or funding we use the contractual legal basis.
Who will we share your information with?
Your information is stored and accessed solely by Dorich House Museum and Stanley Picker Gallery and is not shared with other parts of Kingston University.
We use FileMaker Hosting UK to securely manage and store our contacts. FileMaker Hosting UK act as a Data Processor under GDPR for hosted files and have no access to the data within them, as outlined in their Data Processing Agreement with Dorich House Museum and Stanley Picker Gallery. We use MailChimp to distribute our communications, you can review their privacy notice on their website.
Some of the personal data we process about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This will happen where we use suppliers who are based outside the EEA or who use storage facilities outside the EEA.
In these circumstances, your personal data will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- Where the transfer is subject to one or more of the “appropriate safeguards” for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (for example, standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission);
- A European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of data protection (for example, when we use suppliers that are registered on the EU-US Privacy Shield).
For how long do we keep your information?
Your information will be kept on our secure database until you notify us (using the contact details below) that you would like to be removed. In addition, we will review our database each year to ensure out of date or erroneous data is removed.
For employment and funding contracts we hold the personal information in line with Kingston University notice. You can access the Kingston University retention schedule on the University website.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights:
- to access from us the personal data we hold about you;
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal data;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights;
- to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has a legal effect on you.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact us using the contact details set out below. Please note that where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you.
Who can you contact about your information?
For general queries including requests to be removed from our mailing list please contact:
- Stanley Picker Gallery: Elizabeth Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dorich House Museum: Sam Beeston email@example.com
If you wish to request access to the personal data we hold about you please use the Subject Access Request Form available on the Kingston University website.
For any other queries about this privacy notice or how Kingston University processes your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email: DPO@kingston.ac.uk or by post: Data Protection Officer, Vice Chancellor’s Office, River House, 53–57 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1LQ.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Last updated: 6/6/2018